If your website looks great but isn’t getting you the desired results, you may want to consider a redesign of the look or the content on your website. Start with an analysis of what works, and what doesn’t work for your target audience. Maybe use Google Analytics to find out:
- Who visits your website
- Where are they located
- What pages are most visited, and
- What keywords are driving traffic to your website
A great website is one that is not just designed beautifully, but also gets you leads. And to ensure the latter, you might want to practise data driven design for your website.
Steps to Create a Data-driven Design for Website
- Figuring out where your target audience is coming from can prove to be a major step forward in website design
- Analyzing user flow
- Design your website keeping in mind the target audience
- SEO can help you give data about the terms that are driving traffic to your website
- Using heat maps
These steps are discussed in detail in the below video.
0:42 – Make analytics your best friend
1:08 – Mobile Vs Desktop
2:16 – User flow
2:57 – Search it
3:59 – Content analytics
5:11 – What’s hot?
Also if you would rather want to read about data-driven web design, check out our blog which explains the above pointers in detail.