Content is king! You must have heard this a million times. Or ‘distribution is equally important’. It’s also not a new thing, but how to go about it? That’s something to ponder upon. To ensure successful online campaigns and achieve desired results through digital marketing strategies, it is vital to make a superlative plan.
“Easy steps to learn Digital Marketing”, “Learn Online Marketing in a Day”, the web is flooded with such posts. But you and me, we both know that if magic potions were so easily available we would have been pros in everything, not just digital marketing.
Like any other profession, continuous learning and practical implementation is the mantra to become a successful Digital Marketing professional. But what you can follow easily is a framework upon which you can brainstorm and implement your learning.
Here you’ll find a process which you can lay down for every project for its successful completion.
1. Objective: Everything starts with an objective. Not a new thing! But how you define and test your objective, that’s important. As a digital marketer you’ll usually have two types of objectives: Leads or Conversions. Where B2B companies have an objective of generating leads, an e-commerce company would be more concerned about conversions. Now these are broad objectives and to narrow down to your actual goal hypothesis is important.
E.g – If I spend more on social media advertisements, I will get more leads. This way you can keep on repeating the hypothesis to reach an objective which is validated.
2. Content Performance: Your content is what will finally drive you towards the goal. This could be either or both of the following cases: Content shared on social platforms or searched more organically. You have to decide what you want from your content. A company with a goal of generating leads will target search engines and same company with an aim of creating buzz around the work culture to hire people will like the content to be shared more on social media channels.
3. Content Ideas: With easy access to the Internet, the user has become smarter. Content becomes outdated very quickly. So to stay competitive you need to come up with ideas. Researching industry trends and competitor analysis will play a pivotal role here. Also content today is driven by users, and knowing the Adwords around your content can help you understand what a user wants to search and read about.
4. Automation: You have defined goals, decided on the content and are now working as per the formulated process. To track the impact of your activities is a requisite! Reports and custom dashboards help you to understand the progress and identify the areas that need your attention. Needless to say, analytics play a key role here.
5. Results: Finally it’s time to show results. They are an outcome of all the efforts you have put in the project. Your KPIs should be in sync with the organization’s growth. To justify the ROI, all relevant reports should be handy. Well prepared dashboards and real-time progress trackers validate your strategies.
To learn more, please read challenges and solutions of Digital Marketing for a B2B company.