You want to interact with your prospects & customers on WhatsApp. And you want the communication to be integrated and managed within your marketing automation platform HubSpot. Let us see how the HubSpot WhatsApp integration can achieve this for you.
- In order to enable this, a functionality similar to email marketing is needed, that allows
- Sending one to one messages
- Sending bulk messages, to a list in HubSpot
- Send messages in the form of text/photos/videos/links
- Message templates to be created & stored for reuse
- Engagement history to be captured
- Interactions to appear in the contacts’ timeline along with other communication
HubSpot doesn’t have these capabilities nor can it be customized to deliver them. So the way to do this is to build a custom integration. This involves building a Google Chrome extension with all the functionalities required, so it works as a layer over HubSpot, pulling the info from and sending info back into HubSpot to enable full tracking of interactions happening via WhatsApp.
So how does the HubSpot WhatsApp integration work?
- Some prerequisites before you get started
- WhatsApp Business Account
- HubSpot Pro (or above) subscription
- Access to HubDB
- Twilio account (if you choose option 1 in part 1 below)
Messages being sent on WhatsApp
There are two parts to the integration
Part 1: Integration of WhatsApp and HubSpot
Part 2: Creating the messaging functionality as a Chrome extension that works with your HubSpot subscription
Option 1: Using 3rd party Apps
Integrate WhatsApp via third party apps like Twilio (a cloud communications platform) with HubSpot, so all WhatsApp communications are recorded within HubSpot
Option 2: Using your own dedicated server
Integrate WhatsApp via a dedicated server with HubSpot, so all WhatsApp communications are recorded within HubSpot. The communication happens via your own server.
If you’re using your own server, WhatsApp recommends following configuration for a server:
250 GB SSD, 16 GB RAM, and a 4 core CPU
Once you’ve integrated HubSpot with WhatsApp, you will be able to do the following, within HubSpot.
- Send WhatsApp message
- Get send receipts
- Update Contact timeline with message sent receipts
- Trigger message via a workflow
- Trigger messages via multiple workflows
- Create and store multiple message templates
- Marketer can create and send messages
- Update Contact timeline: with message sent receipts
- Create and send messages on the go
- UI interface for managing everything
- Use media/images stored in HubSpot
Will this WhatsApp HubSpot integration work?
We have validated the approach with HubSpot developers and they concurred that this is the best approach to implement this.
That’s all, once this is done, you will be able to enjoy email marketing like functionalities for your contacts through WhatsApp as well.
In case you need help in implementing this or in integrating any other tool with HubSpot, please feel to reach out to us via the form below.