As an owner or manager of a winery, you may already be utilizing WineDirect— a leader in winery direct-to-consumer (DTC) services including ecommerce, point-of-sale, wine club, fulfillment and marketplace distribution solutions. It provides everything your winery needs to start, manage and grow your business. And helps you provide next-level service and lasting customer relationships!
But there is one challenge. There is no unified management of your customer data. With everything stored in WineDirect itself, the data remains underutilized. Thus neglecting any possibilities of using it to sell club memberships, or streamline your marketing efforts.
Enter HubSpot CRM - one of the most popular, 100% free, and easy-to-use CRM in the world. Coupled with WineDirect, the resulting HubSpot WineDirect integration is the much needed answer to all your sales and marketing needs!
Here’s how this integration solution helped revolutionize the winery ecommerce business for one of our clients.
WineDirect Ecommerce Integration with HubSpot Custom Objects
Our solution for the client had two parts to it:
- Data Transfer from WineDirect to HubSpot
The client wanted to update all data from WineDirect to HubSpot, and using our integration enabled them to send all relevant data in the HubSpot CRM.
Thus for any new or repeat order on the WineDirect POS or ecommerce gateway, the data would be updated on HubSpot for further insights on the customer, their purchase history, etc.
This enabled our client to add them to relevant marketing campaigns and build a better growth strategy for their business.
- Custom Object ‘Club Membership’ Creation on HubSpot
While all data from WineDirect could be transferred to HubSpot now, there were certain data fields which could not be imported. For example, one of the most important data for any winery customer was their club membership data. And because HubSpot did not have any in-built property to store this data, there was no way to utilize it.
To solve this problem, we defined a new custom object ‘Club Membership’ for the client on HubSpot. It was defined as a many-to-many relationships data format, considering one customer could have different club memberships We created its properties and customized the associations between the custom object and other standard objects on HubSpot.
Because of this custom property, the client was able to:
- Get all club memberships data for their existing customer on HubSpot
- Send automated marketing emails with ‘club membership’ related property values
- Utilize this data to upsell or cross sell memberships to contacts
Requirements for the HubSpot WineDirect Integration
You need to be a WineDirect customer.
You need to have a HubSpot account for your business, any plan.
You need to have an Enterprise subscription to use the CRM Custom Objects API.
- Unified Customer Data: All your WineDirect data is now updated on HubSpot CRM, which can be utilized for insights and marketing efforts
- Automated Marketing Campaigns: Launch personalized email campaigns to your contacts list based on their purchase history, purchase patterns, and other insights coming in from WineDirect
- Sell Club Memberships: Utilize the HubSpot custom objects to get membership data on HubSpot, and accordingly upsell or cross sell memberships to contacts via marketing campaigns
WineDirect APIs are SOAP based, which only allows one way integration with HubSpot. So the data had to be pulled from WineDirect on a daily basis, rather than in real time.
Want to know more about how HubSpot WineDirect integration works, or talk about custom integration solutions for your business? We can help!