The SAP HANA HubSpot integration is designed to sync customer data stored on your ERP with the relevant objects and properties in HubSpot, to make sure you can act upon upselling and cross-selling opportunities for existing customers.
The client had two key systems to store and manage business-critical data:
- SAP HANA: On-premise SAP HANA solution as their ERP of choice to store all customer and transaction information for existing clients
- HubSpot: As their CRM and marketing automation platform to orchestrate high-impact marketing campaigns
For a B2B firm working with large clients and big ticket sizes, there are always opportunities to upsell and cross-sell to existing clients. But the sales and marketing teams can act on these opportunities at the right time only if they have near-real-time access to the existing client activity data.
With two siloed systems, the key challenges for the client were:
- Inability to identify marketing opportunities, due to lack of visibility of the client data
- Inability to leverage client data to execute marketing campaigns in HubSpot
The Solution Deployed - HubSpot SAP Integration
Given the challenges, the client was ready to integrate SAP HANA with HubSpot to ensure seamless flow and visibility of data across teams and systems.
With a detailed discovery call to understand the client’s exact requirements, Niswey developed a custom SAP HANA + HubSpot integration.
Here's a simplified look at how the integration is designed to work:
- Develop a middleware, hosted on Niswey servers, designed to sync data between SAP HANA and HubSpot
- This middleware checks SAP HANA and HubSpot records for changes in client information
- Then captures these changes, and pushes them to the relevant objects and properties in the other system
Integration Setup for the Client
- First up, we established a one-to-one mapping of data properties between SAP HANA and HubSpot.
- Next, we set up the direction of the sync. In this case, only changes and updates in SAP HANA are pushed to HubSpot.
- Finally, we set up the sync frequency at 5 minutes, as required by the client
While the integration was set up a certain way for the client, the solution allows businesses to set it up and manage it as per their evolving requirements:
- Set up bi-directional sync to enable data flow and update across both SAP HANA and HubSpot
- Set up new property mappings between the two systems, using the user-friendly CRM card within HubSpot
- Choose and change your sync frequency as required by the business
With this integration, the client achieved:
Actionable intelligence: With real-time sync between client activity in the ERP and corresponding company and contact information in HubSpot, the client's sales and marketing teams were quickly able to identify and move on emerging upsell/cross-sell opportunities
Greater revenue: Proactive and aligned efforts by marketing and sales on the identified opportunities ensured new deals and increased revenue from within existing accounts
Is this the integration you need?
There are multiple solutions that deliver a SAP HANA + HubSpot integration. These range from self-serve to fully managed, basic to highly customized, and require varying levels of technical expertise and time and effort investment from the organization.
So here’s a quick look at how some of the prominent solutions compare on these parameters, so you can choose what suits your particular needs:
Ease of integration
Time & effort investment
SAP HANA + HubSpot integration by Niswey
Easy - Simply share your requirements with the Niswey team
Medium - IT team needs to be involved for the final deployment
- Starts at $5000. One time cost to build the custom integration
- $1200/year for support and maintenance
SAP Integration Suite
Fairly technical - HubSpot is deprecating API keys so this method is no longer supported.
High - Needs thorough research and understanding of how it will all work before you attempt this
ERPBridge - HubSpot App Marketplace
Easy - User-friendly, point-and-click integration process
Low - Can be quickly set up as required.
$399/month for a highly custom solution
TIBCO Cloud Integration - HubSpot App Marketplace
Medium - Need to design the data flow as per your needs
Medium - There is a learning curve for the platform, as well as a good understanding of HubSpot and SAP
- $4,800/year for SMBs
- $18,000/year for enterprises
Using an integrations platform like Tray.io or Alumio
Fairly technical - Needs deep knowledge of SAP and HubSpot
High - There is a learning curve for the platform, as well as technical aspects of HubSpot and SAP
Platform cost as applicable
All said and done, the Niswey’s SAP HANA + HubSpot integration is the best solution for you if:
Think that captures your business context just right? Wish to explore more custom HubSpot integrations? Or you would like to discuss an all-new integration for your business? Let's get the conversation started.
Book a time with our expert, and discuss your requirements.